E-M1 with the original Four thirds lenses questions

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Happysack
Happysack Junior Member • Posts: 45
E-M1 with the original Four thirds lenses questions

Hi,

I'm just recently getting back into shooting, when I stopped I was using an old Olympus E510 (Pretty sure that is what it was) and I had a few lenses I loved which are the following:

olympus zuiko 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5

PANASONIC LUMIX 14-50MM F2.8-3.5

I've since invested in an Olympus E-M1 which I love and I have the 45mm F1.8 which is fantastic for a portrait lens.

I'm looking at the 50-200 specifically again as I remember loving it on my old Olympus set up but I am curious if it is even relevant anymore vs newer gear/M43.

I guess my question here is does anyone have experience using the old Four thirds lenses with M43? Is it worth investing in those old lenses again or am I better off looking forward at just M43 equivalents i.e. that 40-150 looks amazing but $800-$1400 vs $200-$400 for the 50-200 is a big difference.

Appreciate any feedback! Attaching one of my favorite shots with the old 50-200mm.

-- hide signature --

The only things out of reach are the things you don't reach for.

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow