HD DA 20-40, What's the secret sauce? Hard facts/pics only please!

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Anders_Nilsson Regular Member • Posts: 391
HD DA 20-40, What's the secret sauce? Hard facts/pics only please!

Sorry, I KNOW the issues of the Ltd range has been beaten, broken at the wheel, and then some. Please try to avoid opinion.

I've checked all reviews I can find online, and honestly, why is the HD DA 20-40 Ltd like CNY3000 used when the Tamron A016 non vc 17-50 2.8 is below CNY1000?

I have seen a FEW really awesome shots which display incredible color and contrast in absolutely awful (British) weather  but otherwise the shots look rather plain to me.

Can someone link to good shots that stand out due to the fact that the 20-40 was used?

And can someone sum up facts that make the 20-40 stand out?

I shoot a K-3 and I try to focus on the picture  not on technical issues, there's more to a picture than absolute sharpness though sharpness is of course nice.

But I don't throw this kind of money after a lens just to get metal construction or "feeling"

Anders_Nilsson's gear list:Anders_Nilsson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Casio Exilim EX-10 Casio Exilim EX-100 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha a99 +16 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow