Advice on FF Landscape please

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
buzzbob Junior Member • Posts: 28
Advice on FF Landscape please

Greetings. I am due to retire soon and I'd like to get into landscaping. I have many been a travel and portrait hobbyist to date. I have a Fuji system which I love, but everyone tells me how much better my future pictures wold be if only I bought a FF set up for landscapes.

I'm almost believing I might see a little better results vis a vis noise and possibly - though I'm not sure if there's a real benefit or just people talking - DR.

If I am to buy any more gear it needs to be soon before I'm eking out a living on a very poor pension.

I have my Fuji for general stuff so I am considering some sort of DSLR from either Canon or Nikon and a couple of lenses - probably a 16mm prime ( Samyang ? ) and a 24-120 or 24-104 zoom depending on which system I buy into.

With that in mind, I am considering buying one of: a Nikon D810, D750 or Canon 5DIV.  I like the idea of a D750 for weight but the others obviously have slightly higher specs.

Also, I do have a 7DMKII and two Canon lens (400mm f5.6 and Tamron 90mm macro ) for birds and insects so I'm not heavily invested in their system though a 5DIV might make sense from the lens economy point of view.

It's the DR that's making me wonder most about the Nikons TBH. Will this make a massive difference in real life. I'm not that fussed about pixels as I never would print more than 24 x 36" and I'm sure any camera would do that. As I say it's mostly the DR.

What would you experienced people suggest I do?

Nikon D750 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow