From D90 to D5300 or D5600?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LA_NL New Member • Posts: 10
From D90 to D5300 or D5600?

Hi there,

In 2010 I bought my D90. It is a great camera. I have made thousands and thousands of pictures with it.

However I am wondering if, due to the technical development since then, it would be interesting switching to a D5300 or D5600.

Mainly I'm thinking about dealing with non optimal lighting/low lighting situations, like a winter day and indoor (without flash). So dealing with noise, the quality of higher iso, etc. I feel the D90 might perhaps be lacking compared to the newer camera's D5300/D5600 (forgive me if I am wrong). Allthough the 5000 line is not directly the successor of the D90 (the D7000 line is).

I became a mam 1 year ago and I notice I tend to grab my phone instead of my D90 in these situations when taking a picture of my child. And I feel this is not a positive development. I normally shoot in RAW in aperture mode.

Is there anyone who can give me some insights on the above?

And offcourse other pros and cons are welcome as well.

Kind regards

LA

Nikon D5 Nikon D5300 Nikon D5600 Nikon D70 Nikon D7000 Nikon D80 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow