Thoughts on lens lineup and something I may be missing?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dave Andrade Regular Member • Posts: 446
Thoughts on lens lineup and something I may be missing?

So....here's what I am thinking about ending up on for my list of lenses.

10-25 1.7

45mm 1.8

56mm 1.4 sigma

Not sure about any telephoto.

Maybe the good, but high priced 75mm? maybe the 100-300mm lens from Panasonic.

But anyway, I am not asking for help in picking out lenses for me. What I am asking is, from your experience, would that be sufficient?

For example, does anyone have the 7.5 laowa and despite a 10mm length being accounted for, a 7.5 would still serve a purpose? (for interiors) Yes, there would be a 20mm gap from 25 - 45, but I dont think Id ever run into a situation where I would say "if I only had a 30mm right now!" (or something like that)

yes, I know the 45 to 56 is "close" (11mm) but the 56 is 1.4 and Sigma makes good lenses. I feel the gap from 56 to 100 might be huge, and I might want to cover that with.....something. Then again, i could always get a 35-100 2.8.

Anyway, just spit-balling. Interested to hear your thoughts (such as "dont worry about the 75mm range. I have a 75mm and I never use it")

And to be clear, I am familiar with the system, and Ive already owned a number of lenses that Ive bought and sold off again. I am just trying to determine a good set I can settle on. I have an EM5 mark 2.

Dave Andrade's gear list:Dave Andrade's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow