X-T3 w/ XF 16-55mm f/2.8 - VG-XT3 grip necessary?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
crowley213
crowley213 Regular Member • Posts: 388
X-T3 w/ XF 16-55mm f/2.8 - VG-XT3 grip necessary?

About to order the X-T3 with the XF 16-55mm f/2.8...! There is just one question left where I would be grateful for some "advice": Does this combo "absolutely require" the optional VG-XT3 battery grip considering ergonomics and safe holding of the camera?

The additional battery capacity the battery grip provides I consider a nice to have but not mandatory for me. I also will use the camera on a tripod for landscape photography, therefore I also do not see a grip overall as mandatory.

All I would like to know is mainly referring to the ergonomic aspect, means can you hold this combo also safe and comfortable without the battery grip or is it a "strong recommendation" from users who use this combo also.

Please, no discussion about size and weight of this lens or the fact that it has no OIS, I am well aware of these facts. Also, if a grip is deemed "necessary" for this combo I will definitely go for the battery grip, not just the metal hand grip MHG-XT3.

Thanks in advance!

Herbert

crowley213's gear list:crowley213's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow