New Camera/Labor & Delivery Photos

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SheaShea1 New Member • Posts: 7
New Camera/Labor & Delivery Photos

I recently purchased a Nikon D500 (recent, as in this week). I received the camera from Adorama yesterday. My cousin is pregnant and due any day now. She has asked me to take pictures in the delivery room for her. She has no idea what she's having since she and her husband decided to wait until the baby is born. I really do not want to screw this up for her however I'm not a professional photographer either so I know she's not expecting "professional" shots. I do a little photography on the side here and there as a hobby. Can anyone give me any suggestions on settings on the D500? I also have a Nikon D7000 which I plan to keep as my backup camera. The only lenses that I have are the Nikon 50 mm 1.8 and I have a Sigma 70-200 2.8. I have a Sigma 24-70 2.8 however I recently started having issues with this lens and it will no longer autofocus. I can focus manually but if the lens is set to autofocus, the lens just clicks and I can't even take a picture. I was told it was going to cost me $800 to fix the lens

I'd appreciate if anyone can assist me with settings, which lens I should use or if I should rent a lens for this event. I'm trying to study all the in's and outs of this D500 but it's going to take me some getting used to! Any help is greatly appreciated.

SheaShea1's gear list:SheaShea1's gear list
Nikon D500
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D500 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow