GX85 Flash and Lighting

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cjmartin Junior Member • Posts: 34
GX85 Flash and Lighting

Hey folks I use a GX85 with a few different lenses (12-32mm, 17mm, 25mm, 40-150mm) and I've also purchased the Godox TT350o flash. I didn't get the trigger with it which was a mistake so I'm also going to get that.

I would like to setup a small portrait studio type of setup in my basement so I can take some portraits of my 2 year old.  Here is an example of what I would like to try and achieve https://allisonandria.ca/christmas-mini-sessions/ .  I'm new to flash photography and I do have some understanding on how it works.  I'm doing quite a bit of research on the strobist.blog.com site to learn.  They are suggesting to start with off camera flash I would need flash and wireless trigger (which I will have), stand, umbrella, and other bits a pieces to connect it all.  I'm not worried about the backgrounds and props that's something I'm half handy with and can build and construct myself so it's just the camera and technical side of things.

The question I have is are the shots I'm trying to achieve doable with the TT350o or am I wasting my time?  I'd like to get into being able to setup a small scene in my house and take some nice pictures but not at a major cost.  I'm not doing this for a living and it would only be for my own wife and kids and maybe I would entertain shooting some other friends and family.  I want do this to learn and take my own pictures I'm proud of.  I'm willing to spend a couple hundred dollars on gear to do this if that low of a cost is even possible.

What lighting gear are people using with the GX85 or similar M43 camera and what do I really need to get started?  Also if this is the wrong form please let me know.

cjmartin's gear list:cjmartin's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow