a6000 coming. Some questions :)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Korhen New Member • Posts: 9
a6000 coming. Some questions :)

Hi from Spain (sorry for my english in advance).

Yesterday i bought finnally an a6000+ 16-50 lens for 430€ in amazon. I thought it was a pretty good deal, so it was the "little jump" i needed for it. I have some questions if you dont mind:

1- Lens: I have one travel to Belgium in christmas. In december/january, it is night time pretty soon. And there will be a lot of christmas markets, lights, etc...i guess to photograph on night. The kit lens seems apropiate for a "everyday lens", but maybe it isnt for this time. So im debating between the both sigmas, 16 and 30/1.4. I am super undecided about which one i should pick. Im going with my fiancee (not a group of friends). In markets, maybe the 30 is better, but in Squares or architecture maybe the 16 it is. Also, i plan (in the future, not soon) to buy the rokinon 12, so im not sure if having the 16 and 12 is apropiate, since they are pretty close focals. What would you do, thinking in this travel and the "christmas characteristics"

2- Tripod: I just want something small to being able to put the camera still and do some photos on squares on night, or bridges, etc... I was thinking of a gorilla pod, but dunno if there is another good option (like the Manfrotto MTPIXI)

3- Camera bag: I would want something small, to carry the camera and the other lens. The mini tripod, 1-2 batteries and nothing else. I have seen the Peak Design ones, and are pretty cool. But they are pretty expensive for me, being a student.

4- Advices: Do you know any video where i could see some tips to do first when im starting with the a6000? like battery safe, recomendations using the programable buttons, etc.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if i disturb.

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow