Best adapter for Sony A7III that doesn't crop?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Asa7 Forum Member • Posts: 76
Best adapter for Sony A7III that doesn't crop?

Hello!

I am really excited with my new Sony A7III, but it seems like I bought a wrong adapter. Everything else I have is Canon so I need an adapter.

The store agent said "Metabones Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Sony E Mount T Smart Adapter - 5th Generation" & "Metabones Contax N to Sony E-Mount T Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x Adapter" are pretty much the same thing, but the latter just add 1 extra stop and auto focus becomes faster. So I decided to go with the latter although it's pretty pricey. She also said the cropping is minimal and I won't even notice the difference from images shot by my other cameras (like Canon 5D Mark III). 
I took it back home and used it on my new Sony A7III and I see a big difference. The image is cropped a lot. And I also see pretty heavy vignette when shooting white wall. 
I searched online and it seems like this adapter is only for APS-C sensor cameras, but does not work on full frame cameras like A7III. 
Which adapter do you use? Extra 1 stop and fast auto focusing sounds great to me, but I don't want to make my full frame camera APS-C size. If it makes it APS-C size, what's the point of having A7III.....  
Is there any adapter that is made for Sony A7III with Canon lenses? 
Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow