Looking for some guidance in picking a travel Kit for a XT-20 in Southeast Asia

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bumstead27 New Member • Posts: 5
Looking for some guidance in picking a travel Kit for a XT-20 in Southeast Asia

Hi guys I'm new here and have been doing a lot of reading up on the Fuji X series lenses and am trying to pick a travel kit for my forray into the Fuji lineup.

I like doing a lot of landscape photography such as mountain vistas when backcountry skiing and lots of sunrise and sunset photos over lakes and valleys. On my trip I am hoping to capture a lot of the interior architecture of the cities I'll be exploring.

And would also like to have a small unobtrusive lens that is fast and light that could take great portraits of my travel companion and interesting locals I meet along the way.  I can keep glued to my camera most of the time. Size and weight is an extremely important factor as I would like to keep my bag as light as possible for the 3 months I will be backpacking around.

So in saying all of this I have been considering the 10-24 F4.0 OIS lens to help cover my landscape photography as well as helping me better capture interiors of temples. Will light be a problem or would I be happier with the 16mm F1.4?  In doing so I'm worried I'll miss the extra width but may be really happy with the extra speed and stops but not sure if it is worth it. Size and weight also seems comparable although the 16mm may not be as versatile so I may take a weight penalty in adding another lens. Unrelated to my upcoming trip but an idea I think worth considering is that in choosing the 16mm I could take advantage of it's aperture for astrophotography and the extremely dark skies of northern Ontario where I reside.

To cover my desire of a small unobtrusive travel lense I have read lots of good things about the 35 mm F2  WR and think it would fit my bill perfectly!

I would really like to try and keep my kit to two lenses if possible for my trip but am worried I won't be happy with just the 10-24 and the 35. So should I sub out the 35 for the 18-55mm 2.8-4 Kit lens or maybe get the 16-55mm F2.8.

I'm really sorry if this topic is all over the place and I seem really indecisive. It's just a big decision for me and I'm trying to be as sure as possible before making any purchases

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow