Tired of X-T20, not fully happy with X70, considering X100F...

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Polarelch
Polarelch Junior Member • Posts: 44
Tired of X-T20, not fully happy with X70, considering X100F...

My interest in photography (as a hobby) has declined lately, and I consider the X100F to get motivation back, but let's begin from the start:

I first got an X70 in late 2016, because I was interested in photography and wanted a lightweight compact camera that I could take with me on travels. I decided for X70 and against X100T back then because of the tilting screen on the X70. I really loved the X70 and it took me to lots of interesting walks.

However, as soon as I was on my Paris trip in summer 2017, I quickly noticed I really need a viewfinder in bright sunlight... so I eventually got an X-T20, also because I fancied the flexibility with other lenses, etc. It had both, a viewfinder and a tilting screen, so I was convinced it would be my camera for a long time.

Now, about a year after I purchased the X-T20, I feel its weight and size, and how it demotivated me to just go and shoot photos around my town. With the X-T20, I went out on photo walks a lot less than when I just had the X70. Needless to say, it's also taking up more space and weight on traveling (mostly using the 18-55 kit lens, additionally purchased the 23 and 35 lenses which I hardly ever use). Also, In certain situations I have to use my camera one-handed, and the X-T20 feels like it's not the best camera to hold and shoot with just 1 hand.

So I went back to use my X70 more often again, and now, my old dream of an X100 pops up again.

If it had a tilting or articulated screen, it would be a no-brainer. But there's that: No such screen.

It's basically X70 (pro: screen, contra: no viewfinder) vs X100F (pro: viewfinder, contra: fixed screen). I really fancy the X100F, but wonder whether I'd regret it cos of the fixed screen, and who knows what will be around the corner in this X100 series.

Did anyone else have the same dilemma, and what did you decide for in the end / why are you happy or unhappy with that decision? And how does the X100F feel in situations where you can use one hand only?

Polarelch's gear list:Polarelch's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Fujifilm X70 Canon EOS 550D Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow