ON1 Photo RAW 2019 performance

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
henrikbengtsson Senior Member • Posts: 1,108
ON1 Photo RAW 2019 performance

So I have downloaded the trial and my first impression in terms of IQ is that this is very promising. The overall look I get from my RAW files seems better with more natural yet punchy colors compared to lightrooms color profiles. Also, the sliders are more aggressive but without destroying the image. I seem to get a great "pop" much quicker in ON1. And I kind of like the sharpening algorithm.

That's the good part. The bad part seems to be a very sluggish UI. Quite often there's a micro-lag after pushing the sliders. A system hiccup. Sometimes when adding contrast it takes 0.5 second before the result shows up. Also, my processorfan is acting like Cessna on takeoff when doing this, so the code seems pretty crappy.

I am running this on Win10, Intel 8700K with a massive fan, Geforce 1080ti and 16 GB RAM. In other words...Computer power is not the issue.

It's very annoying after coming from a supersmooth LR or Capture One. So annoying that it is a dealbreaker for me.

Anyone else noticing this?

henrikbengtsson's gear list:henrikbengtsson's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow