iPad 11 crops photos on display.

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Woodman99 New Member • Posts: 4
iPad 11 crops photos on display.

They I use an iPad Air 2 for storage, review and some editing when travelling. It’s been a great tool so I went to look at the newly released iPads yesterday. They are undoubtedly an amazing piece of tech. The screens are beautiful and bright. However, I noticed that the format ratio is different between the 11 and the 12.9 inch resulting in the 11 always cropping the top and bottom of photographs in every case except when in edit! I thought this was an error, so got an assistant who somewhat reluctantly agreed.

Flick through photos on the large iPad in landscape mode and you are seeing the whole phoot, switch to edit and the photo shrinks but is identical. Do the same on the 11 inch and when you switch to edit, the photo is whole. Therefore when flicking through the photos when in fullscreen but not in edit ( how you would normally see them ) you are missing parts of the image.

I think this is probably a delibrate attempt by apple to show that the device is edge to edge for your photos, when the display format is not matching. As this happens with all photos in their demo stack and any taken on the iPad they must be aware of it?

Perhaps some may not worry about this, but as a photographer I really expect to see the whole image when I look at my photos and my only option is to buy the bigger iPad which is lovely, but  still noticeably more unwieldy than my existing one and less easy to protect when packing.

has anyone else noticed this?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow