LX100M2 vs circle runners and water bombs

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
axlotl Senior Member • Posts: 1,890
LX100M2 vs circle runners and water bombs

Jim Tardio says the A6000+kit 16-50 lens "runs circles around" the LX100M2.

123dy says the GX9+ (??) lens "blows the LX100M2 out of the water"

All very dramatic but not very helpful to any reader of this forum trying to decide what camera to buy.

The problem with the interchangeable lens camera+ kit lens options is that the kit lenses are two stops slower (the aperture is two EV steps smaller) than the lens in the LX100M1/2. This gives the LX100M1/2 a big advantage in low light.

You can put a faster lens like the 12-35 f2.8 on the GX9 but that greatly increases the size and cost of the kit and still does not match the aperture of the LX100M1/2.

The other issue with some of the kit lenses is their variable optical quality and build integrity.

I am one of those former LX100M1 owners and now LX100M2 owner who is disappointed the new model lacks an articulated monitor and an upgraded viewfinder and eyepiece. But it is what it is, and that is actually pretty good.

I have been testing the LX100M2 for the last two weeks and you can read my ongoing review posts on the Camera Ergonomics blog here

http://cameraergonomics.blogspot.com/p/fixed-zoom.html

By the way, I think that trying to decide what camera to buy based on the material on that Camera Decision website is an exercise in futility. A camera is not just a list of specifications it is a functioning device which needs to be used to be appreciated.

Andrew

Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow