DL-7? CL? Q2?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Le Chef New Member • Posts: 15
DL-7? CL? Q2?

A few weeks ago I looked at both the Fuji X-E3 and X-T3 as possible steps up from my Leica DL-109. The 109 has limitations in terms of what the images contain: it's a bit like listening to music on MP3 and knowing when you last heard it on vinyl there was a lot more detail.

For the price they offer a lot - you can buy a body and bag full of lenses for the price of a CL body - but there was something missing.

A friend of an acquaintance was selling his Leica CL but keeping his M lenses in order to get an M10-P.

I looked at it and understood what was missing from my Fuji experience. Sadly for me he's decided to keep the CL as a back up. At the end of the day there's a tactility, a sense of being polished and refined, and a removal of all that's superfluous in usage. The Fuji's offer more choices than an SAT test and to me this feels like a distraction from the job in hand.

Most of my photography is street/landscape/travel and looking at the EXIF data from the 109 reveals "peaks" at 24mm equivalent, 50mm equivalent and 75mm equivalent. I shoot RAW and use LR for PP.

So where do I go next to get what I'm looking for?

The simplest step would be the new Leica DL-7 which will offer 17MP but in exactly the same form as the 109.

I could get a Leica CL with the 18-56 and add a 23mm and 55-135 later as funds allow.

Or I could wait for the Leica Q2 (if Photokina May 2019 rumors are true).

What questions should I be asking myself in order to make the decision? Is there an obvious recommendation I'm not seeing?

MTIA!

Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow