Getting paid for your work...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JeffKo Junior Member • Posts: 38
Getting paid for your work...

Hi all:

Quick disclaimer - I'm not a pro even though I've spent the last 40 years in the graphic arts as a print production manager. But as I move into new (retired) territory, I've been building my skills in Photoshop and taking on some small retouching and repair projects at no charge.

I'm not a professional retoucher - I do some recovery work, some image repair, minor compositing, mostly on old family photos. So far, everyone's been quite satisfied with my work.

But I'd like to move to a pay model - at minimal cost to people who come to me for help.

My thoughts - considering my background and newly polished skills:

$10.00/hour for repair and light retouching

$5.00 for 8 X 10 hard copy - no charge for digital file

Scanning work - maybe $5-10 per image

Thoughts?

Second question - how do you arrange your workflow. I generally start in camera raw, do some adjustments, then move on to color, repair work, and then cropping. Is there a smarter, more efficient approach? I work primarily in Photoshop CC and starting to pick up on Lightroom Classic CC 2018.

I always look forward to the insights and talent this group has to offer. All help and guidance is welcome. Thank you!

- Jeff

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow