In search of some monitor recommendations!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kaitlyn Regular Member • Posts: 410
In search of some monitor recommendations!

I've started my search and been a bit overwhelmed and indecisive, possibly because I am not quite sure what I want.

My last monitor was a Dell U2713HM but I sold that before I moved and am not rebuilding my computer setup. I am looking at predominantly photo editing with some video editing as well. Then other casual browsing and whatnot. Zero gaming.

I prefer 16:10 resolution, but that seems very rare/expensive these days. The biggest change SEEMS to be more availability than a default UltraSharp, and 4K. I heard so many different opinions on 4K @ 27", with many people saying that Windows won't scale well and you're effectively scaling to a 2560x1440 resolution. I've also heard people say it can work against you, as zooming a photo 1:1 isn't that useful since pixels are small and you can miss details. Then I heard its far preferred for video work... Then of course there is something in the 30-32" range, which I think I would be open to, as long as the quality is there without a ballooning pricetag.

So, yeah... I think I am looking 27-32" inch, color coverage is important but I am not looking for the TOP of the line (and most expensive...). Very unsure about 4K. Sort of trying to find the middleground of the best value I guess, that doesn't sacrifice too much.

If I use something like a wide-gamut/higher colorspace monitor - how do I correctly work out for my destination usage - which may mostly be web. Would I have problems using a monitor that had a wider color space than sRGB, which MOST others would have?

So, yeah. At a bit of a loss. Really appreciate some guidance here!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow