Suggestions wanted: a7iii or xt3?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Focus Lock Forum Member • Posts: 63
Re: Suggestions wanted: a7iii or xt3?

captura wrote:

Focus Lock wrote:

Just to say that I have just bought the a7iii and used it on holiday for two weeks. As a precursor to my comments, I have an XT2, Nikon D3 and a D500. I have to say that my lounge is full of large B&W prints made with the Fuji and the 35 1.4. I simply love those images and are the only images I have ever put up. Now... I have used the A7iii at ISO 6400 in the Disney parks with poor lighting and for fireworks and night parades. I have to say that this camera with the 24-105 has produced some very clean images indeed. Better than the Fuji IMO. Also clearly better is the AF speed and accuracy of this SONY. I still feel that Ooc colour on the Fuji looks better to my eye. My photography is usually street stuff and shows so I do need fast AF and also one can’t ignore the benefit of high ISO performance as well as IBIS. I really can’t say enough good about this Sony and it’s a problem because I have lenses for the Fuji and Nikon’s and now wonder what to do! I also had to choose between the XT3 and the A7iii because of my lenses but am happy I chose the Sony. My friend bought the XT3 and he loves that. Wait till I show him ISO 6400 on mine!

Congratulations to you! Yes I have found the extra margin with high ISO makes a big difference in opportunities, that has been #1 for me. Shooting is so dark here in the winter.

My A7 doesn't have IBIS but I don't seem to need it. My hands are steady, and I choose higher shutter speeds.

I will get the A7000 if and when it shows up.

For B&W I am in the habit of using my Fuji X-10 or Pana. LX-3.

Thanks. I am now wondering which walk around prime to put on it. It seems I either go with a nifty 50, or a 35 or a 24mm??? I’m just not sure which would serve best for street and environmental?

Focus Lock's gear list:Focus Lock's gear list
Sony a7R II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow