has the g9 a future

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
C Sean Senior Member • Posts: 1,903
Re: has the g9 a future

I personally can't see Panasonic doing a direct successor to the G9 in 2020 or 2021. If anything I think the GH series will follow the Panasonic S series models and make a hybrid of the G9 and the GH5 for the GH6 line up.

• GH6 - 4k model (probably the nearest G9 successor you can get)
  • GH6r - 8k model (35 megapixel sensor)
  • GH6s - 4k model  (12 megapixel sensor)

Then you have talk of Panasonic engineers made a prototype GH5 camera with a lot of G9 exclusive features. The rumour was Panasonic could do a firmware update for the GH5 to unlock some of these G9 features.

The other important thing Panasonic did look at 'paid unlockables' for the GH6 with firmware. They claimed it was to make the GH6 a more affordable camera which I bought. Now I think it rubbish! I think you get a semi pro GH6 camera and there will be paid firmware to unlock G9 features or vlog etc. This way you can make your GH6 more dedicated to pro still camera or pro video camera. This is speculation but I think we need to pay attention to S1 and Sr1 to see what route the GH6 will go down.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow