Thoughts on swapping to Fuji?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GeniusChase New Member • Posts: 12
Thoughts on swapping to Fuji?

So I've been an avid prosumer (I think I am, anyways ) for a few years now and swapped between a few different cameras since the start of my little photography journey. I've currently got a Nikon D750, 35mm f/1.8, 50mm f/1.8, and 85mm f/1.8. I've also got my 80-200 f/2.8 but it rarely leaves my house – I've just always preferred primes). Over the past few months I've just found myself going out less and less to take pictures. This is half to do with my senior year of college taking up most of my time and half of my time just really not feeling like grabbing my camera bag and taking all of my gear with me. The camera and lenses are just too cumbersome to take with me most of the time, being as busy as I am. Over the past month I've really been considering swapping over to Fujifilm. I've already checked an X-T3 out in person and I gotta say...that thing is a beauty. I loved the feeling of it in my hand. I shoot film a lot and it reminded me of that SLR feeling. I checked it out with the 35mm f/2 and even if the size wasn't drastically different over my D750 and 50mm, I still loved the Fuji's size twice as much. I think (if I do swap) that I'll be going for the 35mm f/2 and 50mm f/2 – I may spring for the 23mm f/2 down the road sometime.

My dilemma? I've gotten over all of the GAS and whatnot, but swapping systems is a pretty big deal and no matter how I do it, I'll technically be losing something if I trade in my system that I bought new for another system. Money isn't an issue for this at all, but I don't want to make a big swap if I see that enough people thing it isn't worth it. To me, it seems worth it, but are there any of you out there that swapped from full frame Nikon (or anything brand, for that matter) that could give me your thoughts on it? Much appreciated

GeniusChase's gear list:GeniusChase's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon 35mm F1.8G ED
ANSWER:
Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow