Why do you choose only ONE brand?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dexter75 Senior Member • Posts: 1,194
Why do you choose only ONE brand?

In the recent past, I have owned cameras from Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fuji, Panasonic and Olympus. I owned the Fuji, Panny and Olympus all at the same time too. They each had something cool about them but ultimately I wanted a larger format than M43. Why do so many photographers feel they can only own one system and thats it? Why do people feel the need to "switch" over to one brand and sell all their gear from another brand so they only own one? I did this as well but I had a 4 year old Canon 6D and wanted to move on to mirrorless, didn't have a need for DSLR any longer. Even now with my a7iii, I am still considering the EOS R when it drops in price or they put out a more pro version of it. I would love to own a Sony and a Canon mirrorless camera and lenses. Just curious why so many people only own one brand and then feel they can't own another brand and defend the brand they have chosen. Is it the cost of owning two systems?

Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow