Asus or Gigabyte motherboard and case recommendations?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
reid thaler
reid thaler Senior Member • Posts: 1,644
Asus or Gigabyte motherboard and case recommendations?

Seeking Asus or Gigabyte mobo recommendations for photo editing (Lightroom) build. Currently leaning toward Asus Prime Z390-A I would like to overclock it, but don't know much about OCing, and would prefer the OEM software that will do it for me. Want a board that will support an NVMe drive. No interest in RGB lights, will be in a black Antec P182 case. Open to suggestions. Not interested in other brand mobos as I have an Asus now and am happy with it, and Gigabyte is also well regarded.

In another forum, someone recommended the Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ELITE or Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro as having better VRMs, which I don't know to be true, nor do I know if it will make any real difference. I was told that the VRMs are better due to more true phases that mean better efficiency at higher loads, but it shouldn’t really change overclocking performance.

I may have to replace my beloved Antec P182 case as it might not be wide enough for a Noctura D15 cooler and I've ordered a 9700k processor that may not run fast enough OCed with my older Thermalright heatsink that I mounted with a Corsair A50 mounting hardware.

Open to suggestions. No interest in disco lights, but priority is QUIET, dignified black case, that's not overpriced.

-- hide signature --

Thanks!
Reid
www.lumiograph.com
Kodak Brownie
Argus 126
Quaker Oats Container Pinhole Camera

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow