Nvidia Shield TV. damn!!!!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FoxAdriano Regular Member • Posts: 219
Nvidia Shield TV. damn!!!!

Hello, I received the Shield for 3 days and I still have problems and I can't solve them. In a few days I will return it because for me it's a big rip-off. I have a lot of problems but I list only the biggest ones. I connected the Shield directly to a HDD with USB3 port to watch my videos made in 4K and from that moment I had only problems. I will use the Shield only with an external HDD. I will not use it differently. I have a Sony Bravia 65" TV. Since I connected the HDD, the remote control is not working well anymore either with Kodi or with MX Player Pro. I have to press the buttons 3-4 times, the colors are a bit staggered with both of these software, I often work 10 minutes to see Shield's desktop to appear on the TV monitor. I'm having a lot of problems. Someone told me it could be a problem of USB3 that emanates waves and disturbs the remote control. I understand very little about it, I just want to know if you're having problems connecting an HDD directly to the Shield to watch videos in 4K. My white hair are coming out. I'm exhausted and I don't sleep at night. I hope someone tell me if it is a problem of USB3 port because if so I buy another different device. But if you will tell me that you don't get problems then my Shield is faulty and will buy another one. My USB3 cable is 1 meter long. Yours? Thanks for your info.

EDIT: FINALLY AFTER 3 DAYS I SOLVED MY PROBLEM!!!! It was enough to replace the USB3 cable to solve any problem: remote control, colors, brightness, etc. Now the remote control is very reactive with every software. I replaced USB3 cable with USB2 cable. It seems incredible. But now a spontaneous question arises. As no one has or got my same problems using USB3 cables, what was my real problem? Could it have been a too short USB3 cable (1mt)? In your opinion how long must be a USB cable for Shield? Now I plugged a USB2 cable more than twice as long. I'd like to make a test with a longer USB3 cable.

FoxAdriano's gear list:FoxAdriano's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX300
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow