Electrical viewfinder (EVF) being blurry when panning

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dom101 New Member • Posts: 7
Electrical viewfinder (EVF) being blurry when panning

Hello,

I am intending to buy myself a new camera and was therefore in a shop to have a look and feel of some of the available models. I am e.g. interested in the Panasonic GX85 (or GX80) and wanted to see how the viewfinder is as I have read that some people do not consider it as any good.

While I didn't see any rainbow effect, I noticed that when I was looking through the EVF and was slowly turning with the camera the picture became blurry/smudged. This happened already at quite slow turning speeds. The camera was fresh out of the box with the kit objective; however I did not switch any settings so I think that it had been in Auto.

I then tested this also with a Sony A6000 and could observe the same. Very slow movements are fine, but already at a slightly faster pace the picture blurrs which I found quite annoying...

Is this normal for EVFs and always the case?

Can this be improved by changing some settings?

Thank you.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow