The eternal question megapixels or sensor size?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
worledit New Member • Posts: 17
The eternal question megapixels or sensor size?

Hello, so I was between nikond5300, d5100, d3400, since I can't afford a Full-frame they all have APS-C sensors, when someone blow my mind recommending me to buy a second-hand D2X for the same price than any of those new. Ever since I've been reading a lot. However, as much as I read less clear seems to be the decision.

About megapixels I've read they don't matter (since the size sensor is the same) they just make sharper images. Nevertheless, I've had two phones with the same sensor size 1/2.9 inch (5.0mm x 3.7mm) one of 12 and the other 20 mp. There was no comparison. The latter surpassed the former by far. I guess lens quality made the difference as well.

So, how can I decide what camera is best? I know it depends on my photography, so before anyone ask I shot landscape, street photography and wildlife. I don't care how comfortable I feel when holding the camera, about size, rotating screen, etc. I'm talking about imaging quality in same size sensors cameras.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

David.

Nikon D2X Nikon D3400 Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow