Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 50-200mm F2.8-4.0 ???

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Skeeterbytes Forum Pro • Posts: 15,982
Re: Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 50-200mm F2.8-4.0 ???

gccg88 wrote:

Considering the lenses you own, I would rather go for a second body. There isn't the one lens where you never have the craving for more (or less) reach.

I would mount the 40-150 (maybe with the 1.4 TC depending on the situation) on the first body and the 300 on the second. Then you can switch between those focal lengths without the hassle of changing lenses.

For wildlife I do the same, although I use the 100-400 on the second body, because I don't own the 300 (yet )

This is what I did, exactly. I found (for field sports) that no single camera-lens combo was as good as two: one with a mid-range tele zoom and the second with a long, fast-as-possible tele prime. I say that as one who began with the ED50-200+EC14 and progressed from there.

I lack a link to it but somebody did an excellent review incorporating the new 50-200, the 40-150 Pro, the G9 and E-M1ii. Maybe someone can resurrect the link, it's a worthwhile read.

From what I've seen the new 50-200 is quite good, if expensive, and the 1.4 TC is hard to find and IMHO overpriced. The 200/2.8 is worth a look and it comes bundled with the 1.4 TC. If I didn't own the 300 Pro I'd give that a look.

Cheers,

Rick

-- hide signature --

Equivalence and diffraction-free since 2009.
You can be too; ask about our 12-step program.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow