LX100 II - Lens Sharpness

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
wangas New Member • Posts: 6
LX100 II - Lens Sharpness

So I took the plunge and got myself the LX100 II. I do love the handling and all the new features, but I took it out the other day and wasn't convinced by the sharpness I was getting in landscape shots... So tried a quick test to see how sharpness varies at various apertures and focal lengths. As expected, it's a lot softer wide open at 24mm, particularly around the edges (but also at the centre I feel) which improves as you get to f8. There's a slight improvement as you head to the tele end of the lens up to 75mm, but the softness is still clearly noticeable.

I have to say I'm a little disappointed as this kind of thing hasn't bothered me before, but then again, it's what one has to expect with a lens of this spec crammed into such a small space. Maybe I'm being overly pedantic, but I am considering returning it.

Any other LX100 owners get similar results? Or have I got a bad batch?

Thanks!

24mm f1.7

24mm f2.8

24mm f4

24mm f5.6

24mm f8

Panasonic LX100 Panasonic LX100 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow