Exploring iPad for off-line presentations, have questions

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Mathematicus New Member • Posts: 2
Exploring iPad for off-line presentations, have questions

With a reasonable experience in general IT and computers, no previous exposure to Apple products, I am exploring (on a borrowed iPad) the possibility of using it as a device to present various digital content to clients at their premises without packing a laptop.

Some questions:

If I mail a photograph from the tablet as an attachment to some arbitrary e-mail address, the attachment is a .jpg file. I assume it is in the native resolution and jpeg compression level as created by the tablet built-in camera. (correct?) Yet, if i access the same photograph on the iCloud where it is backed up, the iCloud browser interface does not offer to download the photograph as "camera-original" jpeg, but only as an .png. What am I missing?

Some of the "presentation sets" I want to transfer to the tablet in order to show (when the device is off-line) are in the form of self-contained directories with a combination of .html and .jpg files. (as they consist of both text and images). I can transfer those to iCloud "drive". How do I then transfer those to the device, and display them in the Safari on the tablet, when the tablet is not connected to the Internet?

TIA for all your help and suggestions.

p.s., I have no other Apple laptop or desktop, and do not plan on getting one.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow