For those researching the Pany 42.5mm 1.7

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
johnpatrickbishop Forum Member • Posts: 82
For those researching the Pany 42.5mm 1.7

Over the past month, I spent countless hours researching the Panasonic 42.5mm 1.7 lens and trying to convince myself that I actually needed (or had the money for) the 42.5mm 1.2 Nocticron. But ultimately I found the 1.7 on eBay for $230 (missing the lens hood and lens cap) and today I took my first shots with it. Basically... I like what I see! These are pure snapshots, straight out of camera, and just for good measure I was also shooting in either aperture or shutter priority using face/eye detect focus mode--basically as automatic as I could make it. Here's some examples of its sharpness, falloff, bokeh, etc, for people researching this lens. Obviously these look way nicer on my MacBook, but alas... There's a lack of sharpness on the photos of my son, but he's also moving around like crazy and I'm shooting wide open or close to. I can only dream of what is possible shooting a subject that will sit still for five seconds.

SOOC

eyelash sharp (using face/eye detect focus)

ignore the insane child and check out bokeh

johnpatrickbishop's gear list:johnpatrickbishop's gear list
Nikon D750 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow