One-month old 6D M2 going to Canon for repair...

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
(unknown member) New Member • Posts: 13
One-month old 6D M2 going to Canon for repair...

Old user, but new user name, can't remember what email I used (prob defunct studio email), but can't use my old user name, can't find the email/pass I used before. What I get for lurking and not posting for too long.

On to the subject. I swore to a Canon rep in Bangkok years ago that I'd buy a Canon full-frame when one came with an articulating screen. One finally did. So against most review recommendations, I bought.

Right out of the box, there was something wonky (or hinkey, pick your newfangled word to describe AFU'd) with the ISO. When the 6D (M1) came out, I had one for eval and was gobsmacked by the noiseless high ISO res.

With a 5D M2, a 70D and a T7i, shutter speed same, same lens, same aperture, these all have an ISO of 1200 for a proper exposure of a test subject. With this new 6D M2, given all the same above, for a proper exposure I'm at 3200 or higher ISO. This runs counter to the 6D M1 I tested years ago.

Called Canon. They said processor is not right or ISO needs calibration.

So a month-old camera that was funky out of the box is going to Canon at MY expense ($35 with priority and insurance!).

Since I rarely shoot at 100ISO anyway, the EV issue isn't a huge concern to me, but this is insane. My gut feeling is they are installing rejected 6D (M1) sensors into these bodies, hoping they'll be able to make up for their fails with firmware/processor.

So..., who else has seen this same issue or something like it from the 6D M2??

Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS Rebel T7i / EOS 800D / Kiss X9i
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow