Facing GAS or not

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Michel Savage
Michel Savage Contributing Member • Posts: 768
Facing GAS or not

Currently use XE-2 with 18-55 2.8-4, and 27. Time to upgrade. The main reason I left Canon, then Nikon, is size and weight. I thought that going Fuji would allow me to carry a camera at all times. Wrong. To do that you need a compact (ie Sony RX or Canon G7). Although my XE-2 is quite small, it's still too big to carry around at all times. So, I must now figure out a combination of lenses/bodies that I can carry not at all times, but when I want to do photo, a kit that won't weigh a ton but has high quality. I now hesitate between the XT-20 or the XT-2 (which is now offered at great prices). For lenses, I'd like to reach a little farther than 55 (82 mm equiv.). The 50-140 is a jewel of a lens, but it's a monster, and I don't need such reach. It looks like the 80 macro might be just what I want: medium telephoto, great macro work (flowers, insects), and great portrait focal length - and it's significantly smaller than the 50-140. With an extender, the 80 can be used for wildlife if need be. For wide angle, maybe the 14 or 16, eventually. Finally, i tend to favor the XT-2 over the XT-20 because they're nearly the same price now, and the XT-2 is not THAT much bigger. Any thoughts?

-- hide signature --

Michel Savage

Michel Savage's gear list:Michel Savage's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-A3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow