VC Problem with the new Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC usd G2 lens

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rolo30 New Member • Posts: 8
VC Problem with the new Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC usd G2 lens

Hi guys.I just received this lens today from one of the ebay stores and I truly believe that the (VC) or image stabilization is not working at all.I already checked the VC switch from the lens and it is in the ON position.I have a brand new canon 5D Mark iii that works perfectly with my Canon 24-105mm f/4 IS USM L and my Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 Di VC USD lenses.Both of them with image stabilization.But it looks like this lens has some kind of issues with the VC system.
... I've shot with a variety of IS and non-IS lenses, and I'm familiar with the way images look through the viewfinder when IS is engaged,that's why I still believe that this lens has some kind of problems or issues with the VC.
I also turned the VC switch to off and then back on and I can not tell the difference.I removed the lens from my camera and put it back on and still the same ...Any idea what the issue could be?

PS.When I look through the viewfinder I easily can see the shaking from my hands holding the camera.This does not happen when I'm shooting with the other two lenses at all.I would really appreciate any help guys.

Thank you so much .

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow