Nikon AF-P Vr lens lineup

Started Nov 7, 2018 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rwingsfan Regular Member • Posts: 274
Nikon AF-P Vr lens lineup

Ok here is my tale. Picked up a D5600 with a 18-55 AF-P Vr lens for a bang around truck camera. Took it out and was very surprised by the sharpness of this lens. Figured I just got real lucky with a very good copy. A few days later a D3300 with the same lens became available for cheap so I bought it too. Guess what? This copy was just as sharp, what the heck? Going a bit farther I ordered a 70-300 AF-P Vr from evilbay for $130 and figured, ok the buck will stop here. Oh no, just as sharp as the others. At this point I am scratching my head. How can slow, very inexpensive kit lens be this decent? One more try as I had been considering a wide angle for my D500's anyway. Well ordered a 10-20 AF-P Vr from Adorama for a whole $300. Got it a few days ago and just as sharp. Don't get me wrong they don't compare to my much more expensive glass, BUT, really for this kind of money? They have slow apertures, cheap plastic build, but when the rubber meets the road, for me they have delivered. They are very light, so easy on my back plus I can't get over how sharp they are for cheap kit lens. The extra plus is how quickly and quietly they focus for my limited video needs. Please don't flame me for touting these cheapies, they are not top of the line glass, but somewhere along the way I didn't get the memo as to how much these kit lens had improved. Pretty much the best kit lens I've ever had. Flame away

Nikon AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G VR Nikon D3300 Nikon D5600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow