What's the ideal companion system for M43?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Auf Reisen Regular Member • Posts: 278
What's the ideal companion system for M43?

I'm a big fan of the "right tool for the job" mentality. There are a lot of different genres in photography, all with different requirements. All systems have their strengths and weaknesses. Mixing and matching systems to exploit the strengths of each is therefore an attractive proposition.

For example, I think that a small M43 camera with one zoom and one prime makes a perfect, compact, light-weight travelling kit that doesn't break the bank. It exploits the strengths of the system perfectly. For extreme low light, one is perhaps better served by other systems.

So, here's my question: If you were to build a two-system photographic toolset, one of the systems being M43, what would be the other one and for what reason?

The justification for the other system should either be that the other system can do things M43 can't do (say, extremely shallow death of field with FF and a 1.4 lens, or extreme pocketability with a tiny compact camera), or do the same thing cheaper or more easily than the equivalent M43 solution. The goal here is to arrive at a solution where the two systems compliment each other.

I do understand that some people prefer to have just one system that meets all their needs. Let's put that point aside for now.

Auf Reisen's gear list:Auf Reisen's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Samyang 12mm F2 NCS CS +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow