Very impressed with Canon

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Paul Barnard Senior Member • Posts: 2,280
Very impressed with Canon

I have for years used Epson printers and been very happy with the results.  My last printer was getting long in the tooth so when I was at a show and saw a great deal on a Canon P-1000, I bought it and was very pleased with the results.  However after leaving the printer for a day or two printing a test sheet resulted, invariably, with the red ink not printing.  A head clean brought it back to life but even with the worst of my experiences with Epson I never had blockage problems like that.  I dropped an email to the supplier (Fotospeed in the UK) and they confirmed this wasn't normal.  They contacted Canon and next day an engineer was on site and diagnosed the problem as a split feeder pipe to the red head.  They simply replaced the entire printer!  I have never dealt with Canon pro support before but I must say I was very impressed, fast efficient and simply great service.

Paul Barnard's gear list:Paul Barnard's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) Sony 2x Teleconverter (2016) +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow