Anyone has or considering the Canon EOS R ?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
spytromics
spytromics Regular Member • Posts: 410
Re: Anyone has or considering the Canon EOS R ?

Sony has changed its color science in recent cameras.  The colors from the a7iii are closer to Canon colors.  Plus one can always shoot RAW and manually tweak.

If you have Canon glass, the experience of using those lenses is near-native on the EOS R whereas adapting Canon glass on the a7iii is 95+%, very good but not native.  95% sounds great, but it means some sort of issue with 1 out of 20 photos.

Being a first release, the EOS R appears to have a few glitches.  But it's still a fine camera.  I shoot with a lot if Canon glass because I was a 15+ year Canon shooter and, as you've mentioned, Sony glass is very expensive. I cannot afford to convert my lenses from Canon to Sony for the cost premium. Plus my Canon lenses are great and I'm OK with the occasional glitch.

I'm sticking with Sony.  They are a leader.  Canon is clearly a follower. I do plan on getting an EOS R in 12-18 months when I can find a nice, used one!

Switching can be costly.  But it can be invigorating too.  Just don't think that any camera is perfect.

spytromics's gear list:spytromics's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL6 Sony a7 III Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow