Error message E:62:10 in 15 month old HX400v

Started Oct 8, 2015 | User reviews thread
R Olivier
R Olivier New Member • Posts: 8
Re: Error message E:62:10 in 15 month old HX400v

plutopup wrote:

hmtrip83 wrote:

Arghhhhh. I love my Sony Cybershot HX400. I've had it for 16 months now. This morning I turned it on and went to take a picture and there is some hitch when it tries to focus. Like a motor or something inside catching. Then it focuses and takes the shot fine, but each time I depress the button to snap the picture it does this. Very unhappy as I am sure that this can't be good. Then this evening I got the dreaded E62:10 error flashing in my screen. I turned it off, took out the battery, then turned it back on and it was fine, but still that weird hitch when I go to take a picture. What is odd is that sometimes it doesn't do that. I will try to take out the card and battery and knock it a little, but don't have much home for that. What causes this stuff? I have babied this camera since I got it in Nov. of 2014?!! I love taking pictures and will take maybe a hundred some days and maybe only 20 on other days, but I do use it just about every day as I get pictures published on the news and have a FB group that I post pictures in. VERY NOT HAPPY!!!

Sorry to hear this happened to you as well. Got my HX400v in June, 2014 and started playing up Sept. 2015 with the same problem. If you bought it from a licensed Sony reseller and can prove it to your local Sony people you may be able to get some help. Would be interested to know how you go.

Hello,

Like many other people, I have had the same problem with a HX400V. This one was purchased through a local store (Krefel) and supported with warranty till mid 2017. It began giving the E:62:10 message in early 2018. At this point I searched on Google and of course as everybody I was then astonished by the number of similar cases... I posted a message on the SONY communities forums and they advised to contact the technical support, which I did. The technical support asked a copy of the invoice but till now they argue that the problem is unknown to them (!!) and refuse any support. You can find the whole story here.

I don't know where you are in your idea of documenting a list of reported problems, but I had the same idea and in very few time I discovered more than 490 forum discussions (with probably thousands of users complaining, and even more users impacted ) listed here .

At the time being I continue to use the workaround that some other people have given and that I re-documented in a video to support the others.

I was once a happy Sony user, I am not anymore.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow