Photography/Cinematography ideal lens set?

Started Nov 2, 2018 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Vayl
Vayl Junior Member • Posts: 25
Photography/Cinematography ideal lens set?

Hello everyone. Switching over to Sony next week and getting the a7iii. I'd like to build a lens set that is both suitable for photography and cinematography.

The ideal lens in that imaginary set would be exactly like this one: the Sony Planar T* FE 50mm f/1.4 ZA Lens .

It ticks every box for me: MF/AF switch, iris ring, Zeiss quality and even weather sealing. However the other FL's in that category do not have an iris ring or the ability to switch between MF/AF, which is unfortunate as this would've solved my problem.

Being able to switch between Manual and Autofocus crucial to me as I'd very much like to take full advantage of Sony's autofocus algorithms, and have the ability to transform the lens into a "cine" friendly lens for video work (narratives/commercials).

The Zeiss Batis set came close but they're not all as fast as each other which is a bit odd to me (there's a 40mm F2 being released this month btw, it's not listed yet however).

Would really appreciate your input on this. Can't wait to make the jump to Sony, long time overdue.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow