Why is the GRDIII lens sharper than the GRDIV

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Harold66
Harold66 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,794
Re: Why is the GRDIII lens sharper than the GRDIV

Tim Cadman wrote:

mod2001 wrote:

Tungsten Nordstein wrote:

I wonder what conditions cause the purple blobs to show up? Do they show up in RAW and jpg? Do you have a sample to show us please?

Had the same issue with the GRI (APS-C), if you check the FlickR group you can spot them easily in quite a lot of night shots. Harsh light sources, strangely independent of the distance, in a specific angle caused them, both in RAW and JPG. Was one of the reason I sold it and would be one of the things I would look for as a potential GRIII buyer. Didn't know that the GRDIV had it too.

Here's the original thread, the photo used there is mine:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52715936

Juergen

I believe that happened a couple of times to me as well on the GR I. It happens quite a lot on the GRDIV.

i have never seen it on the GXR 28mm though. In my opinion the rendering from the GXR 28mm is the most pleasant of all the Ricoh digital cams, It’s a beauty.

Back when I was using my GXR, I was more impressed by the rendition of the 50mm equivalent. If it had got a better EVF and a larger buffer I probably would still be using it

Harold

-- hide signature --

FOLLOW me on IG @ledaylightstudio.
thedemandingtraveler.org
www.haroldglit.com
IG :thedemandingtraveler

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Ricoh GR Ricoh GR II Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow