Canon Eos 1Ds Mark II

Started 2 weeks ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ronald Fleischer
Ronald Fleischer New Member • Posts: 9
Canon Eos 1Ds Mark II

A friend of mine is a fan of the old 1Ds and we made some pictures 4 months ago and somehow she got me with the idea of getting a 1D Body...i`ve used the 5D Mark III the past 5 1/2 years and didn't think about another camera...well, now i did...at first i got me a 1DX, it was the more practical thought, not really newer then my 5D but an upgrade, especially looking at the body. But that wasn't all...i was interested in the 1Ds...the first one felt too old, the Mark III a little too expensive...so i bought a 1Ds Mark II, nice price, 350 Euros.

And well...i love it. there's something to it, off course the body is great, solid...its a 1D body...not too heavy, actually after a short period my 5D felt much too tiny...i like the images, the colors, vivid, popping out. it pretty much replaced my 5D Mark III and the DX never had a chance...and yes, for some people that might sound pretty strange.

I think its important to have a close look at the camera and how its operated before getting one...a good start is the review on dpreview.com, cause its special, different, some think its funny, some think its annoying...well You have to get used to it but it draws You into using the camera...at least it worked like that for me.

Off course it misses something...the LCD is tiny and useless to really have a look at the image taken....You need to press one, sometimes two buttons AND use a dial to change settings...but to change exposure compensation You just have to use one dial...so this can happen pretty often...for some people ISO 3200 as a limit might be a problem....

But well...i simply love to have the camera in my hands, i love the results...it`s really fun to use...might be an old camera, but its still a really good one.

I haven't used the camera for much, only a little landscape and portraits, so i can only rate these areas.

Dmitri 7. August 2018

Nora Charlotte 22. September 2018

Trish 21. Oktober 2018

Schwarzwald Germany 21. Oktober 2018

The images are edited with Lightroom and VSCO...except the third one of Trish, its unedited.

Ronald Fleischer's gear list:Ronald Fleischer's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III +1 more
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II
17 megapixels • 2 screen • Full frame sensor
Announced: Sep 21, 2004
Ronald Fleischer's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
unrated
Action / sports
unrated
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
unrated
Flash photography (social)
unrated
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
Canon EOS-1Ds Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow