Any advice with replacing Canon Pro 10s ink cartridges ?

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tusk24
Tusk24 Senior Member • Posts: 1,910
Any advice with replacing Canon Pro 10s ink cartridges ?

Hi guys,

I got a Pro 10s a couple of months back and last night noticed my Photo Black and Grey cartridges are displaying the small yellow exclamation mark (!) on the printer status ink display readout. It read :' Ink is running low. View the ink details'.

I've mostly printed B&W so far, so probably was expecting these cartridges to get lower sooner.The remaining cartridges all appear above half full in the display.

I subsequently ordered replacement oem cartridges (x2) of the above low level ones and they're on the way .

My query/question is about exactly when to replace them; as soon as I receive the new ones or wait a while ? I know it might be a stupid question but I think I've read either in this forum or elsewhere someone saying they still made about a half dozen or more good prints after/despite the low ink warning .

So, just asking, has anyone encountered this situation or do you recommend replacing the (somewhat) low level cartridges straight away ?

I mostly print A4 and smaller.

Thanks in advance for any info.

-- hide signature --

To catch the world in images
To annotate the feast
This quicksilver task remains
Mysterious at least... (Paddy McAloon)

Tusk24's gear list:Tusk24's gear list
Nikon Df Sony RX100 III Fujifilm X100F Nikon D70s Fujifilm X-T1 +18 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow