Will the future X-T4 have IBIS or not?

Started 6 months ago | Polls thread
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 12,774
Re: Will the future ... who has miniaturized IBIS?

webber15 wrote:

Apparently (in video use at least) Fuji have the worst implemented ibis of all makes. Reviewers all seemed to say the same thing - jerky.

Seen on YouTube...if I can re-find, I'll post the link.

Dave.

Possibly true for video... wouldn't know since I shoot little or none of that. However, for still photography, I'd have to see some evidence or testing that proves that point. I've consistently found the IBIS implementation on the X-H1 to be nothing short of remarkable, and if there's any jerkiness, it sure doesn't show up in the VF. Now, I'm referring to stills shooting here, not video, and I haven't read the reviews to know under which conditions this shows up.

Bottom line: I've seen absolutely no disadvantage to the stabilization that IBIS offers as compared to what's commonly found in good quality lenses with OIS support. The obvious advantage is that it stabilizes ALL lenses.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow