DA* 50-135 Still Magic

Started 9 months ago | Photos thread
newmikey Veteran Member • Posts: 4,927
I agree

Awesome shots. I bought my 50-135 when I owned a K100D-Super, that's 4 bodies ago! It is still my goto lens when I want 3D-like images. Used it yesterday on the annual Bobtail-gathering at the beach.

One of my fellow dog-owners was schlepping around a 7D with grip and 70-200 monster lens (the professional-looking white one). He was visibly having trouble getting down in the sand and the wind and complained about the weight of his gear.

He did make a remark to me along the lines of "so you're still stuck with Pentax?". I had a chance to compare the shots yesterday. He had some decent shots but somehow they have this flat, lifeless look about them. The 50-135 seems to be capable of injecting depth into an image.

On the beach:

And I picked up some quirky stuff on the way back (that's how flexible the 50-135 really is):

newmikey's gear list:newmikey's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K-70 Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow