X-RITE Color Munki Display with DisplayCAL

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mindas New Member • Posts: 3
X-RITE Color Munki Display with DisplayCAL

Hello,

I would like to ask you regarding ColorMunki Display limitations in DisplayCAL latest software. Trying to choose between ColorMunki Display and i1 DisplayPro and intend to use DisplayCAL, which one should I go for and it's hard to decide not knowing the usage details.

1. Can I perform this display uniformity test with ColorMunki Display using DisplayCAL ? With original X-Rite software I could do it just using i1 DisplayPro, but maybe DisplayCAL can overcome these limitations as hardware is almost identical..?

2. I see with original i1 DisplayPro software I can define more custom settings, targets, such as custom white point, custom white luminance, contrast ratio, gamma and etc. Again, question is, do these limitations present with ColorMunki Display using DisplayCAL?

3. Is this ambient luminance & color sensor in i1 DisplayPro vs just ambient luminance sensor in ColorMunki Display, makes real difference for monitor calibration quality, is it a big thing?

Of course I'm aware, that with COlorMunki Display I'm losing calibration speed and possible fluent use with monitors which have hardware calibration, such as NEC and EIZO, right?

Thank you for your help, waiting for some info

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow