Do we still "need" fast lenses ?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
vyoufinder
vyoufinder Senior Member • Posts: 1,242
Re: Do we still "need" fast lenses ?

BGD300V1 wrote:

vyoufinder wrote:

No, you didn't. Show me another reason if you can that I need my fast lenses. I don't.

Then, you should probably not buy any and leave them to those who the knowledge and skill to use them.

People with the knowledge and skill to use fast lenses know that fast lenses are not for everything. I also don't buy into your idea that fast lenses are somehow only for people with knowledge and skill.  I would argue that the knowledge and skill is minimal in using either a fast or a slow lens.  Stop trying to make it something it's not.  It's focus and f-stop.  Operating either is pretty much the same if you know how to "work a lens."  The knowledge comes in handy in choosing which lens.  I could easily argue that it takes more skill to use a slow lens.  Any newbie can point a fast autofocus lens and get something "dreamy" looking that truly looks nice, but to use slow lenses requires thinking, tripods, holding still or resting on stuff...you know, skills and knowledge.  You might figure it out one day. Soon if you pay attention.

-- hide signature --

Your focus is your reality

vyoufinder's gear list:vyoufinder's gear list
Sony a7S Sony a7S II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +180 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow