Lines in print, is my printer done for?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lukejc1
lukejc1 Regular Member • Posts: 139
Lines in print, is my printer done for?

I made a couple prints today with my PIXMA Pro-100 and noticed some lines in the print.  They go in the same direction as the print head.  It is most noticeable in sky and negative space.  It looks almost like a banding but it is not in the original image.  And if I print the same image in another orientation, the lines always appear in the direction that the print head moves.

I tried cleaning, deep cleaning, and print head alignment but nothing worked and the issue is still persisting.  Ink levels look good and I use only OEM ink.

Could is possibly be the print head is shot and needs replacing?  Are there any other troubleshooting steps I could try?

(I know the PIXMA Pro-100 is on sale right now for $60 and I could just get a new one, but I actually have a Pro-10 coming on Monday )

Here is a photo, of a print.  It might be a bit difficult to see.

lukejc1's gear list:lukejc1's gear list
Nikon D810 Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow