Dustin Abbott and his First Look at the Tamron 15-30 G2

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brev00
Brev00 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,157
Dustin Abbott and his First Look at the Tamron 15-30 G2

In this review, Abbott takes a look at the build and ergonomics of the new lens especially as compared to its predecessor.   He sees several improvements in this regard and notes some of the more subtle ones such as the way Tamron has devised the shape and feel of the lens to make finding and maneuvering the manual focus ring that much more intuitive so one can do that much more easily by feel.

He will then follow up with at least two more videos:  image quality where he will look at its performance according to several criteria and a final review. I look forward to them.  I cannot hide the fact that I am a big fan of his.  i follow him on Youtube and on Flickr.  I have had occasional direct communications with him over the years, and he always replies to my comments left either on Youtube or through Flickr messaging.  He once sent me tiffs from both the Tamron 150-600 and 150-600 G2 lenses for my own comparison and we discussed our observations after that. So, I won't hide my bias in this thread or in future threads about this lens if I happen to do so.  Some members here think he is biased in his reviews in order to better push click throughs to Amazon and other sellers.  Perhaps.  But, he always details the flaws that he finds.  His recent review of the Sigma 14-24 2.8 for Sony clearly shows that he does not hold back criticisms.  And he also mentioned a significant flaw in his copy of the Sigma 100-400.  While this does not eliminate a possible bias toward Tamron, he does say that he bought and uses the Tamron 70-200 for his personal use. That means something to me.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this video and get some value from this and his next videos about the G2.  I sometimes wait for the next upgrade to be released in order to get a better price on the original, but this review makes me think I better save up some more money and get the G2 (if I ultimately decide I want a Tamron 15-30).

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow