Zeiss 55mm 1.2 100 Anniversary

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Felipe Rodríguez
Felipe Rodríguez Veteran Member • Posts: 3,105
Zeiss 55mm 1.2 100 Anniversary

Hello!

I swear that I've read everything available on the net about this lens, in Spanish and especially in English (and even in Japanese, via Google translator!) because I'm really intrigued on it, but there are almost no in-depth reviews nor even samples. Of course, if they made just 1000 units, there isn't a critical mass of users to generate good information (and rich people tend to be less prone to share their experiences, he, he...). Some samples I've seen look impressive, but, heck, many things may look like that on a computer screen... So I'm posting here expecting to find something more. Perhaps some of you have (or had) it and wouldn't mind to share your first hand experience. Perhaps (well, sure) you are much better than me in the internet search and could show me some valuable information I missed...

I'm particularly intrigued about two questions:

1. How does the 100 Ann. lens compare to other newer fast fifties (Otus, current Summilux, Sigma Art, whatever...)

2. Do you think it is any chance that Zeiss develops any fifty lens faster than 1.4 any day? If, according to what I've read, the 100 Ann. lens was outstanding, I don't understand why Zeiss doesn't make further superfast lenses. There is a market for that, I think.

I'd like to say I'm interested in this lens, but bearing in mind that the last one I saw on ebay had a whopping €6000 price tag... well, you know...

Thanks for reading and best wishes from Spain.

-- hide signature --

http://www.felipe-rodriguez.com
Bokeh
Dadme un mundo sin contornos,
Un espacio feliz que ignore los perfiles.
Concededme, sí, la dicha redonda
De flotar sin conciencia en el fondo
Desenfocado de mis fotografías.
Give me a world with no edges,
A happy space knowing nothing about outlines.
Grant me, please, the round joy
Of unconsciously floating on the blurred
Background of my photographs.

Felipe Rodríguez's gear list:Felipe Rodríguez's gear list
Sony a7R II Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 +12 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow