Prints very different from display

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
aboulfad
aboulfad Forum Member • Posts: 90
Prints very different from display

Hello,

no this isnt an issue with darker prints...

Monitor: 2013 iMac 27" (yes they suck and are glossy), calibrated w DisplayCal/X-rite I1Display Pro (see report before and after below)

Printer: Pixma Pro-100, nozzle/alignment routine done, image test printed and checks OK

Paper: Various (Hahnemuhle FineArt Baryta), using Canon ICC profile , Software Color Management

Software: PS CS6, Lightroom (soft proof is just utter BS ...)

Prints come out very different, under-saturated, different temperature, less vibrant, yes darker too,... I understand that one cannot compare a print to the image displayed on glossy backlit screen, but what workflow then should be followed ??? The only satisfactory results have been with test images on Canon Pro Luster paper. I have tried Ilford, Hahnemuhle and it seems the 3rd party ICC profiles do not yield good results.

I have spent lots of time reading and watching tons of videos, but I still cannot produce prints that are satisfactory. Thank you.

Before and after calibration measurement report, DisplayCal/X-rite I1Display Pro (120cd/m2)

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow